On the rare occasion that I do wear makeup which isn’t for a tutorial there are two products which I pretty much always use, they are the skin 79 BB Creams (no surprise there) and The Body Shop lip stain in Rose Pink.
“This dual-purpose liquid stain gives lips and cheeks a hint of natural-looking colour. Can be used under gloss for added intensity”
As much as I love it I draw the line at paying £12 for a lippy, and since this is one of those products which get’s given away as a freebie in magazines quite often, I just keep my eyes peeled and grab a spare when I’m running low.
You know how your lips look when you’ve just eaten strawberries and have that lovely pink/red tint on your lips? Well that’s the look this lips stain gives you. It’s not going to be anything shockingly red, more of a pinky red colour but if you layer it a few times you can get quite a red shade.
- Can be used as a lip & cheek stain
- Cruelty-free (but owned by a non-cruelty free L’oriel)
- Comes in two shades: Rose Pink and Bronze Glimmer
I’m not too fond of this product as a cheek stain, overall I prefer to use it on the lips. The reason being than unless you’ve exfoliated recently or have reasonably oily/moisturized skin it really doesn’t blend too well, and tends to look patchy, especially if it put it strait on the skin and then try and bend it there.
I’ve found the best way to do it is apply to the ends of you fingers and then blend it into the skin.
As for the lips it is very build-able as you can see bellow from the swatches. Two things you should note about this product for the lips though:
- If you have lips that tear and rip easily (which mine do) this product has a tendency to show up darker on those patches if you just apply 1-2 coats.
- It is drying. Not so drying that your lips turn to prunes then minute you put it on, but you do need some lip balm or a lip gloss over it.
- If you eat anything or drink anything (if you’re drinking with a straw you’ll be fine) this will slowly wear away and leaves a ring along your lip line.
Provided you don’t eat or drink anything I’ve had this one stay put for a good 4-6 hours. If your going out and eating and drinking expect it to start wearing off a bit by bit after an hour or two, but since the packaging for this is is pretty practical it’s easy enough to throw it in your handbag (or even pocket) and carry it around for a top up.