I love things that smell nice. I have a wee bit of an obsession with always having a candle burning when I’m working but my big BIG obsession is essential oils and fragrance oils. I love mixing them according to my mood and how I want to feel.
For example if I’m feeling a bit sluggish I love to have a mixture of pine, mint and ylang-ylang, and if I want to feel a bit more laid back I love mixing strawberry, bluebells and sandalwood.
The Body Shop had a sale a while back at my local store so I managed to snap most of their home fragrance oils to add to my collection which I was over the moon about.
Apparently with these oils you’re meant to put them directly into the oil burner without putting water first, and quite frankly it’s a horrible suggestion. I always put water first and then a few drops of the oils on tops as some of the oils (Vanilla and Tonka Bean I’m looking at you) have a tendency to stain the oil burner a red-y brow colour which is impossible to get rid of.
- 10 ml
- Made in the USA
- All have safety caps
Not to mention some of the oils after a few minutes just smell burnt instead of fresh. Not a nice smell. Just go ahead and put water first, it lasts longer and smells nicer.
- Pomegranate and Raspberry: Love this one! My favorite out off all the Body Shop fragrance oils, I’ve already gone through two bottles of these. A colourful, light (well light as far as oils go) summer fruit smell.
- Vanilla and Tonka Bean: Not too fond of this one. Quite a heavy creamy smell that makes me think of being cuddled to death by and over-sized teddy bear, quite a mature smell.
- Sandalwood and Ginger: Bit of a weird description, but I’d describe this as the addorable less over-powering cousin of Vanilla and Tonka Bean. A soft spicy wooden smell, perfects for a relaxing late night bath (with candles!)
- Jasmine and White Frangipani: A really soft floral smell, so exactly the kind of thing I love, it also contains Ylang-Ylang. Makes me think of a tropical late night romantic dinner.
- Exotic Home Fragrance oil: Mmmm! This one is lovely! It could be my nose playing up but to me it smells quite strongly of watermelon. Every time I have this one burning I imagine a freshly cut watermelon in the sun.
- White Musk: First impressions, a bit of a floral old lady smell. Not my kind of smell really.
- Aloe & Soft Linen: This is my “I’m-super-stressed-and-I-need-to-calm-down” smell. Really, really relaxing. It’s a light and uplifting (makes me feel a bit light-headed) fresh smell with an ever so faint tint of orange-blossom.
You can buy these at a local Body Shop store, online here or from a seller on amazon here (**) that I found a few days ago that sells them for Â£2 instead of the original Â£3.50! Now it only I’d found that seller a few months ago…..