Bird Queen

Owl Queen

I seem to have a thing for queens lately. Dragon Queen, Butterfly Queen, but queens are awesome so it’s ok! I came so close to using my black sclera lenses for this look. In the end it didn’t, and I’m quite happy I didn’t or it might have ended up looking a frightening.

I made the beak with some paper painted with nail varnish

Making the ‘tree’ for this was really quite fun! I had some old cardboard boxes lying around so I cut them up, glue gunned them together, and then used about twenty glue sticks on it to get that tree texture. After that I used up any old paints (and some nails varnishes) I was never going to use again. I think even a dried up gel eyeliner got used up on this…

I hope you like the tutorial :)

Comments

1. Sarah says

Oh my goodness! I have been sat captivated by it the whole way though,it’s beautiful! Can’t wait for the rest of them!

2. Abby Frye says

It looks so cool! And cheers on your resourcefulness- the tree and the beak turned out well.

3. Lauren Johnson says

Your technique that you used for the feathers reminds me of your makeup of Famine; it’s like a painting. Very cool effect!

4. Rebecca says

This look really reminds me of Rue from the anime princess tutu, your beautiful like her too. :)

Ohh I really like this look! I think it’s really pretty, but I do bet you could probably use this for Halloween and probably make it even a bit scarier haha. :D But a very nice look!

6. kaitlin letendre says

I love it!! all of your special effects have really inspired me to try my own, this is absolutely beautiful!!!

7. Debbie says

Completely off topic but could you do some food tutorials?:) I would love to see how you make some of your favorite recipes! Saw the picture on Instagram and I’d love to see them! Please reply! Thanks Klaire

8. Jennifer says

I think It would have looked awesome with those sclera lenses but either way I love it, you are really talented. Can you posts up some pictures with them on.

9. Mimi says

Really pretty and interesting idea, now I am thinking how should be de outfit.
    Maybe some brown dress with feathers?

I will keep thinking

The first thing I thought about when I read “Bird Queen” is Danica, a character in Hawksong a book I read when I was younger. This is my first time watching your videos and I have to say I’m definitely going to keep watching. This look is amazing and the gold dust on the beak looks so pretty!

I just like the helpful info you supply to your articles.
    I will bookmark your blog and check once more
    here frequently. I am relatively certain I’ll learn lots of new stuff
    right right here! Best of luck for the next!

I don’t even know how I ended up right here, however I thought this submit was once great.
    I do not recognize who you’re but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger when you are not already.

Cheers!