Ghost of Christmas Past

Ghost of Christmas Past

The first version of this which I filmed about a week ago I a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y hated. I had tried to make it it look like the Ghost had gotten too close to some candles and started melting. One drawback to those mesh lenses is you cannot see anything in high detail, so it wasn’t till after I had taken the pictures that I realised the edges were horrible.

The second time I filmed this I decided to make it look like the wax from the crown had fallen onto the face

If you don’t have a face cast to do this on you can  do this on a full-face masquerade mask (one with THICK plastic and a soft surface or it will never come off).

Candles of a Ghost

I might end up uploading these in a little bit of a strange order since I haven’t had time to film the Ghost of Christmas Present yet, and I just refuse to rush the whole process in one day, that always ends with with hating my work.

Oh and for those of you who didn’t see my last giveaway video next week I won’t be uploading anything either on my blog or You Tube channels. Just one week where I can have an amazing internet detox. Won’t lie…I’m looking forward to it! :D

Comments

1. Emma Paplinski says

I absolutely love this! So amazing, you are an incredibly creative artist. Something that I noted at times was that the editing seemed to be a little bit choppy; it seemed as though you wanted your video to be shorter. I, personally, don’t mind watching long videos – the longer the better! (Especially when watching someone as talented as you are). Thank you for sharing your work!

2. adrianne says

This was great! I’m at work so had to pause it alot, can’t wait to get home and watch it in full with out pausing

3. Rita Saraiva says

OMG, this is amazing : O I really loved the hole concept and the crown is AMAZING.

Congrats : )

4. Gabrielle DiMaio says

This is gorgeous, Klaire! Especially the eye makeup, but the concept of the “wax” on the face is such a unique, but fantastic, idea.

5. kris says

you are truly talented!!!!!! by chance do know the name of the melody you used, it is so sweet and haunting.

6. Josie Ala says

Take your time Klaire. :)
    If you rush, it won’t be as good. Take as much time as you need to make it as good as possible, even if that means uploading it a couple days late.

7. telly delvia says

hi klaire!!!
    the one thing that you should realized is you just too pretty to be a ghost. and sometimes imperfect job makes you much better in other chances

8. mirias says

Regards. Me they call, Anna. I live in Russia, in Moscow. My English – is terrible, I write according to the electronic translator, it will so that come out for sure very badly, but I want to write to you all equal-. I adore your video. Because of the poor language proficiency I understand not all, but because of video- all is understandable! Several times attempted to repeat your versions of makiyazha – it was obtained not very, but they pleased themselves by that surrounding! Enormous to you thanks, that you there is! Only for this reason congratulating of you happy New Year, I was registered on bloglovin.com. I from the entire soul congratulate you happy New Year and I will with the impatience await new video! Enormous to you thanks! “From Russia, with the love”; -)))

9. Andora says

I’ve done quite a few crazy things with hot glue, but wax tears was original and totally new to me! I also must ask about the possibility of you doing a tutorial for Marisa Coulter from His Dark Materials trilogy and The Golden Compass film based on it, because in both the books and the adaptations, Mrs. Coulter has always been a really intriguing character to me, and the way they describe her appearance might be really fun to experiment with in a makeup tutorial.

I was mesmerized by this look! Very unique and quite horrendous and beautiful. Looking forward to more projects like this!