Rough Work: Stained Glass Window

Monday this week wasn’t a terribly productive day for me. London seems to like gifting me flues every time I go there, so monday was spent mostly wrapped up in a blanket with hot chocolate and soup.

I absolutely cannot stand sitting down and doing nothing so I figured I’d do a bit of rough drawing

I saw this absolutely beautiful picture on google a few weeks ago and had it saved on my desktop for when I would have time to draw it.

I made a few changes. I wanted the hair to have a few flowers, and as far as the stained glass window was concerned I knew I wouldn’t have time to finish it all in one day so I just doodled it.

TIP: Use a makeup puff on your little finger to avoid smudging your work

When ever I’m working I absolutely cannot take a few days break from a painting or drawing or I start to nit pick and end up hating it before I’ve even finished. So I knew I wasn’t ever really going to finish this one. Either way, a little practice never killed anyone.

Overall I was quite happy with this rough drawing. I need to find a way to make a few videos which involve drawing, haven’t been able to draw anywhere near the amount I would have liked to lately. Might have to add that to my new years resolutions.

Comments

1. Kathi says

Hi :)
    Amazing!!! I love this picture *.*
    It need no finish :) I think that this picture look finish. I hope you understand what I mean :) not every drawing has to be coloured everywhere!
    With love Kathisq

• Annaëlle says

I agreed, it is beautiful, you don’t need to add more coulours to your drawing i don’t think ;)

2. Gabrielle DiMaio says

That’s absolutely stunning, Klaire! I understand what you mean by not being able to finish a drawing once you’ve walked away from it. I’d love to see some videos with drawing involved! I always knew you were good at drawing after seeing how creative your videos are. I hope you’re feeling better now. :)

Hi!

I really like this drawing.
    it would be awesome if you could do some drawing video’s with tips and techniques.
    I think I could learn a lot from you.

Love it! As always, just now I’m not lazy to comment. XD
    How come I haven’t followed you on pinterest yet? I do now. Wishing you all the best! Hugs & smiles.

5. Roa says

wow! you’re truly talented, Klaire!
    I would absolutely love to see you do drawing/painting videos. That would be so cool.

6. Claire says

Hey Klaire!
    Sorry, I feel a bit as if I’m spamming because this comment should be in the random section. Unfortunately I couldn’t post this comment on the article I wanted to, so I hope you don’t mind. I wanted to know whatever happened to your youtube guru article series? You used to have a bunch of tips about starting out on youtube and now I can only find the filming & set up article. Did you transfer them to another platform? (like facebook?)

7. Ramona says

You are an amazing artist.

Have been looking at some of your makeup videos. Thank you for posting them.

I normally do not wear makeup, but we are having a XMAS theme “Decorate your horse contest” for our December horseshow.

I am planning on being an Ice Queen. So that is how I found you.

Ramona

Hey Klaire, that’s absolutely wondrous. I love your blending techniques on paper. Is that a mechanical pencil you’re using for sketching? If so, how does it have an edge over the usual pencils, the ones that need to be sharpened to be used?
    Keep up the great work though. That tip about makeup puff sounds really useful. :)