Four Horsemen: Conquest

So…after taking so long to make the armour and laurel crown for this I’ve finally officially started my new Four Horsemen series! For those of you who don’t know what the Four Horsemen are ( The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) they’re Conquest, War, Famine and Death

I’m aiming to have the tutorial for the armour up on my second channel in two weeks

I wanted to try something a little different for these and not focus them on the topic of the Apocalypse, and focus more on how the world can end for one person through Conquest, War, Famine and finally Death.

Conquest I wanted to to represent politics and propaganda. This character is mean to look pretty, attractive, even glamorous. The armour and crown is clearly decorative, not functional in the slightest, and the makeup and photography is an an attempt to portray conquest as a profitable and glamorous thing.

I want Conquest and War to be polar opposites. Conquest glamorouised and War the horrifying reality

I’m probably going to get a lot of comparisons to the hunger games, but my main inspiration (and I mean that in a bad way) was this “We came, we saw, he died!” video which absolutely shocked me.

For this set of photos I really wanted to try and add flames and fire to the photos. I’d never done it before, so there are so, so many things I think I can improve next time, but overall I was quite happy with the effect.

Maybe by the time I finally get my SteamPunk look done I’ll have mastered adding flame to my photos

Thankfully War, Famine and Death are going to be very limited on the prop-making department, which is fantastic because that armour took an absolute age to make!

So there you go! Conquest and the first of my Four Horsmen series! Just a small heads up, War and Famine are going to be very, VERY disturbing/bloody, but unlike Conquest I want those to portray the realities of war and not the glamorisation of it.

Hope you like the tutorial! :D

Comments

1. natalie says

awesome

i reckon you should do a look on the hunger games for each district

eg: district 1 has diamonds and is the richest district and so on.

2. Izzy Williams says

I love all of the ‘series’ videos you do! The Seven Deadly Sins series was absolutely amazing–I couldn’t stop telling my friends how cool they were. Just watched this video and they look like they’re going to be as amazing as the sins!

3. SoumeyaOfTheForest says

This serie will be a great success I’m sure ! I am so looking forward to see the three remaining looks. and by the way thankyou so much for the “we came we saw he died” video link, I can’t believe she said that laughing, where humanity has gone ? this is terribly shocking and disgusting. I thank God that people like you still exist on earth because I feel very lonely and ununderstood. Love you so much ~
    -SoumeyaOfTheForest

4. Caitlin says

I absolutely LOVE this look, and the ideas behind it are really really clear!

BUT…. I thought the four horsemen were War, Famine, Death and Pestilence? I’ve never heard of Conquets being involved…. Did you not want to do Pestilence or something? I don’t mind, I’m just curious as to where you found Conquest!

5. Sophie (SapphireBludgeon) says

This is a truly stunning look, Klaire. All of your tutorials are magnificent, but the photographs for this look blew me away. And it’s such a unique concept!
    You are truly an artist!

6. Andrea says

Wow Klaire! This look is so beautiful! It’s already one of my favourites!
    Maybe it’s also cool to do a Hungergames series?
    Looking forward to the next tutorial in the Four Horsemen series
    x

7. kristen says

Stunning look!! I always thought the four horsemen though were war, famine, death and pestilence. Never heard of Conquest, would thought that came under war.

8. LauraO says

Love it!!! looking forward to the rest of the series.

PS. can you please put a photo of the nail art you did for this tutorial, they look amazing but I can’t get a closer look of them.

9. Saara says

Hi Claire!
    I’ve been subscribed to you on youtube for a very long time now, and I thought it was about time for me to show my admiration to your work now. I have always found your videos very fascinating and beautiful, the way you express all of these old tales, myths and even more recent characters into maleup, is absolutely remarkable. I’m a European 17-year old girl and i can’t really say I’m experienced with makeup or anything like that, but I’ve been actively watching videos on youtube since I was tweleve years old, and I have yet to discover another youtuber that can stand up to your level in my eyes. You work hard for your dreams, and you do everything with such gentleness like nobody else. I just wanted you to know that I really look up to you and you are a great inspiration for not only me, but many other young girls and boys on youtube. Thank you for that.

10. Saara says

Hi Klaire!

11. Copperhead says

I cant waite for a DIY on that armour want to make one so badly myself, beacause recently my foot got swollen up (I have no idea why it just did) and I can’t do anything after school, i can’t go to dance class I can barely walk so i do get very bored at home and this would be a great thing to work.
    BTW sorry for spelling