Sloth Nails

Of course, the first thing I thought of once I’d finished these was…perfect for a first date! (Just kidding). When I was trying to think of an idea for how the nails for Sloth would look the image that came into my head was something like a car being left in a shed to collect dust and bugs. So obviously, the next thing to do was put them on your nail.

I imagined someone who, once had had potential, but couldn’t be bothered to develop them and let their talents rot

With the makeup look of this I thinking of going for a bit of a lazy sleeping beauty, so once nice makeup, but out of laziness, could be bothered to remove it and over time dust, mold and bugs end up making their home in the hair and makeup.

Hope you like the tutorial :)

submit to reddit Share on Tumblr

1. Jack says:

Wicked tutorial you never cease to amaze one question though is that picture the one with the young woman covered in tarantulas from one of your artwork collection videos, are you going to be a tutorial based on her. :)

2. Serena says:

These are so cool!! Loving this series, even though I could never pull them off… Is Sloth next?? Can’t wait!

1. Klaire says:

I’m hoping to do it next :)

3. MesiaszCiszy says:

Wow awesome idea :)

4. LauraO says:

The first time I saw this nails in your instagram pictures there wasn’t a clear view of the underside so it was a great surprise to see the texture of the basil. Great tutorial

5. Lisa says:

Your incredible with all this stuff :)
    I love watching your videos and reading your creative idea’s
    xx Lisa

6. Dani says:

This is an amazing idea. I firstly did not understand why you would want to go for bugs, but your interpretation of sloth really does make sense. I can`t wait to get to see the make-up for this sin <3

7. Laura says:

“Perfect for first date!” LOL xD You’re awesome!
    The “grass” underneath the nails is brilliant!Very well done… it reminds me of the scarab nail tutorial you’ve done before, somehow O.o

8. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.

I think that you can do with some pics to drive the
    message home a little bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog.
    An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.