DIY: Disco Brush Jar

I know it’s titled a brush holder but in the end I decided to use it for my colouring pencils. Like most of my tutorials this is really easy to make! All you need is an old candle jar (or a glass you’re not too bothered about) and a few old CD’s you don’t mind breaking up.

What I used:

• Candle Jar
  • Scissors
  • Old CD’s
  • Glue Gun
  • Filler
Although I mention it in the video I’m just going to stress it again: wear goggles when you are cutting up the CD’s! They ping off everywhere and they’re sharp! Oh and you might want to give the floor a hoover after doing this, there are so many sharp little bit’s that get stuck in the carpet waiting to give your feet some cheap acupuncture.¬†

Hope you like the tutorial :)

Comments

• Klaire says

I used some old filler my dad had, you can get it at any kind of hardwear or DIY shop :) E-bay and Amazon are also another option :)

1. Beca says

Wow, I love this one, I did like the other brush holders too but this one looks amazing. Very creative and a great way to recycle <3

2. Astrid says

Klaire! I heard the european union wants to ban all animal tested cosmetics! Have you heard about this and do you know if it’s true?

• Klaire says

Yea I heard about that but until I see it being confirmed by someone like Leaping Bunny I’m going to take it all with a pinch of salt

3. Cephi says

This absolutely beautiful I made it for my paint brushes, they looked all disco out and happy now :D

That looks so amazing! It looks even better than mirror shards which is what I thought it was on first look. Using holographic CDs was such a great idea! Best brush holder so far.

5. Noelle says

Hi Klaire! I was wondering if the instagram account it actually you? It seems authentic enough, but you haven’t announced it yet and I wanted to have you confirm it. Thanks again!

• Klaire says

Yes the Klairedelys account is me (the KlairedelysArt one is a fake) I need to find time to draw some new icons and link everything here on the blog :)

6. Kaitlyn says

Hey Klaire :)
    Every time I cut the Cds the metallic film just flakes off…. Am I doing something wrong? Using the wrong types of cds or too dull of scissors? Love the idea if only it would work for me :)