Banshee Makeup

And another one knocked off my “Mythical Creatures” list! :D Not entirely sure what creature I want to do next but for the moment here is a banshee.

The idea I had behind this look is I didn’t want a creature that looked pretty or terrifying but rather sad, it can’t be nice to tell people “hey your time is up!” so I decided to make the focus of this look the tears.

“A banshee is a fairy¬†woman from Irish mythology who begins to wail if someone is about to die”

The lashes (or rather the tears) are seriously easy to make! The tutorial for them won’t be going up till Saturday/Sunday but as usual blog followers get a early viewing HERE.

I was seriously considering having black lips at first for this look but in the end I went for this mulberry look and deliberately didn’t really fill in the center of the lower lip so that the effect was similar to the fading you would get if you were biting your lips a lot.

Amazingly I managed to resist the temptation to include glitter in this tutorial. I’m so proud of myself! Haha just kidding ;)

Hope you like the tutorial :)

Comments

1. LauraO says

Wow a little bit scary during the process…I’m not used to those blank eyes, but the final product is amazing.

What about a mermaid for next mythical creature?

2. Lauren :) says

Looks like I know what I’ll be doing for halloween next year! Brilliant as always, this one is very cool. I like that you focused on the sadness of the banshee rather than the scariness!

3. ArtByM says

I was wondering if you could possibly send me the photo’s from this look? I’d really like to do a painting of it to keep in my studio as inspiration.

• Klaire says

I upload the picture of these looks on my Deviant art (I have the links on the left hand side of the blog) :)

4. Coco says

If you were to just use make up, how would you do the tears? This is such a cool look :> Unfortunately some people don’t react well to latex…. >.> :(

Wow, that’s just awesome! I really like the lips in this look!
    If you don’t know what to do next time yet, then I would suggest the “Huldra” from scandinavian folklore ;)

6. Tanya Norway says

Awesome job! I’m obsessed with Irish mythology, banshee is one of my favorite mystical creatures, and also i’m in love with your makeup and those adorable tears!
    I’ve never thought about wearing banshee look on Halloween, but i promise to do it this year, I’ll send you a picture:)

7. Mayumi Art says

Hi Klaire ^^
    I just wanna say thank you for sharing with us your Banshee makeup, I really LOVE it, love your vampire makeup too. Thanks Klaire!!

8. crystal says

Hello I just saw this look, I love it.. Where can I purchase the contacts I really want to try this look.. Thank yo so much..

9. Cassidy says

I absolutely love this makeup look, especially what you decided for the lips. It adds a different element to the look instead of just cliche black lips. And the music is fantastic! I went and got the song and haven’t been able to stop listening to it since!

10. Emi says

Hi, so I was wondering where you got the contacts for the banshee and others from because they look really good!! Thanx for reading, if you do, anyway.